Take Back your Power and Take Control of Yourself and Your Life!
By Demo DiMartile, One Light One Spirit.
The amazing benefits of meditation and deep relaxation are all over the news. Yet we live in the fast lane of an ever-changing world, and every day we face enormous challenges. Balancing family, finances, career, relationships, and the world in which we live is an endless struggle. Struggle is the basis of conflict, and it produces high anxiety and stress, the killjoys of life. And with anxiety and stress, we feel out of control and our self-esteem plummets.
We end up living in our heads from fear when we were created to live from our hearts from love.
It has been said that everything is within us; the peace, the power and the transformative presence of love to live a healthy, happy, and fulfilling life.
But how do we get from a place of stress and anxiety, to connect with that place of peace and power within. How do we restore balance and reclaim our innate power to live freely and fully?
What is Meditation?
Meditation is the practice for aligning the body, mind and spirit by going within to utilize the power of your belief to create what you truly desire.
Guided meditation, deep relaxation and mind-body techniques are not passing fads or New Age nonsense. They are thourghly researched and proven approaches that have lasting benefits for your health, happiness and self-empowerment.
How Does Guided Meditation Work?
With guided meditation, you don’t need to know how to meditate. All that’s required is that you listen, and you’ll glide effortlessly into the depths of your subconscious mind. Your subconscious mind has control over the 37.2 trillion cells of your body. It also controls and connects all 12 systems that keep you alive and functional, including the cardiovascular (heart) system, endocrine, respiratory, nervous, immune, circulatory, digestive, lymphatic (detoxing), muscular, skeletal, reproductive and urinary systems. That is truly impressive and should not be taken for granted.
Your subconscious mind is a power plant of raw creative energy that can be harnessed and directed toward healing, self-improvement and even help you achieve spiritual growth and evolution.
Your subconscious operates on belief. It is tuned in, 24/7, to your thoughts, words, feelings, attitudes and moods, and it will respond to all of them — even if they are contradictory or negative.
You must be mindful and disciplined not to feed your subconscious mind with negative thoughts or negative speech. (“I’m tired. I’m bored. I give up. I can’t. I will never heal.”) Whatever you hold in your thoughts, it will be heard by your cells and body, and manifest as your reality.
Your job is to consciously implant a consistently clear Intention or picture of your desired goal such as “I radiate perfect health and wellbeing!” That way, your subconscious mind will conspire with your desire to manifest your intention – as long as you believe it.
Meditation is a the natural way to access the power of your subconscious mind, and forge those intentions, pictures and positive goals into your imagination and your experience. This is the intelligence of divine design in every soul.
- They slow down brain wave activity and trigger human growth hormones (HGH) . HGH help regulate your metabolism, stimulate fat cells to reduce the amount of stored fats, promote protein synthesis in the cells, and play a role in regulating your blood sugar.
- They help calm the adrenals and allow them to rest, relieving them from over-producing adrenaline and cortisol — the stress hormones — which can have a devastating effect on your thyroid function and ability to lose weight.
- They move your endocrine system out of a state of high alert. Hormonal secretions become regulated and all of your hormonal systems — thyroid, adrenals, sex hormones — have an opportunity to come back into balance. In short, that is what it means to restore your soul.
|For more information, see the Thyroid Meditation: Transforming Stress Into Well-Being|
- What are the Hormonal and Cellular Effects of Meditation? Both guided meditation and deep relaxation have a number of amazing effects on your hormones and your body.
- They provide true physiological relaxation. Your body truly rests, and that’s when you restore balance and vitality throughout your entire body. That is not always the case with sleep. Meditation also improves the quality of your sleep.
- Meditation alkalizes your system, balancing out acidity caused by stress that has accrued through the overactivity of your analytical mind and the fear-based thinking that triggers and perpetuates stress hormones.
- Meditation decreases inflammation at the cellular level neutralizing acidosis and minimizing pain.
Just by being in a meditative state, your mind becomes still, clear and reflective. Fear and anxiety, the two major causes of stress, subside. Your heart rate slows down as your blood pressure regulates itself into a “normal range.” You feel calm and more confident, in touch with your own strength and power. That awful feeling of being vulnerable or overwhelmed subsides. Psychologically you feel more self-assured and in control again. The mind-body connection is now aligned and you experience that, “Ahhhh….” – peace of mind and sense of well-being.
As you deepen your meditative state and practice regularly, you’ll find that meditation:
- Alleviates anxiety, depression, and negative attitudes
- Reduces fatigue and exhaustion
- Slows down your biological clock so you can age more gracefully
- Puts you in touch with your confidence, joy, enthusiasm, and self- worth
- Evolves your DNA
- Improves and actually changes your brain
Change your heart and you change your belief. Change your belief and you change your mind. Change your mind and you will see the infinite possibilities to change your world from within.
Guided Meditation and relaxation are powerful tools for taking back your power and having greater control over yourself and you life!
|For more information, see
Mastering Deep Relaxation